It’s almost the Fourth of July, and our vegetable garden has overgrown this year. Much of the produce for the menu came from the yard: field greens, broccoli, green beans, beets, onions, rosemary, lemons, and limes. With all the vegetables, we made:
- Roasted beet salad with goat cheese and field greens in balsamic vinaigrette
- Grilled vegetable platter of garlic encrusted beans, zucchini, eggplant, and broccoli
- Potato salad with dill and cracked black pepper
- Corn on the cob with lemon garlic butter
- Assorted smoothies and desserts
We celebrated with a group of friends. Ramiz, Sona, and Hannah brought me an apron that read, “King of the Grill.”
After dinner, we took a tour of the vegetable garden and citrus grove.